Noel Massie has spent the majority of his career in leadership, starting in 1977 when he was hired by UPS. He started there as a package handler while attending college and studying electrical engineering. Within a few short months, he was promoted to a supervisor position.
He held various positions within the organization and was promoted to a President’s position in Chicago, Illinois, in 1997. He went on to lead three additional business units across the U.S. In 2016, Noel was promoted to the position of President of U.S. Operations, a position he held until 2019.
Currently, Noel is a member of three Boards:
• The Annenberg Foundation – a $1.7 billion endowment, Noel serves on their investment committee helping to guide investment strategy.
• The Los Angeles Urban Leagues Executive Committee – Noel has served as the Board Chairman for nine years.
• The Innovations for Learning Organization – Noel serves as the Global Advisory Chair.
Noel has been recognized for his commitment to the communities where he has lived and worked with a variety of honors and rewards, including:
• NAWBO-Man of the Year 2014
• Admiral Samuel L. Gravely Award
• Peter Drucker School of Management Award
He has also been featured in publications such as the L.A. Times, The Orange County Register, Door to Door (written by Edward Humes), and the Harvard Business Review.
Noel studied electrical engineering at San Jose State University and holds a degree in Business Management from LaSalle University.
Noel is currently an author and is writing a book titled Terms and Conditions, which is due at in early 2023.